“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17:3
Questions to contemplate:
- What am I longing for in my relationship with God?
- Am I spending regular time in God’s Word? Is there anything I’d like to change?
- Possible steps: Increase frequency/consistency. Use a reading plan. Try a different way of interacting with what I read (e.g. Lectio Divina)
- What does my prayer life look like? Is there anything I’d like to change?
- Possible steps: Increase frequency/consistency. Journal my prayers. Pray in the middle of my day. Praying the Examen.
- Do I ever take time to just be with God in silence? Or is there another spiritual practice I would like to explore?
- How can I do this in a way that fits with my schedule?
- Would I benefit from accountability? What kind of accountability would be most beneficial? (e.g. a habit tracker, a friend, my small group)